BPW Barrie is committed to empowering women in our community and beyond. We work with community partner organizations to determine topics to be discussed, researched, and potentially turned into resolutations at the local, provincial, national or international levels.
All BPW members may raise a topic to be discussed.
Advocacy sub-committee will research and potentially turn topic(s) into resolutions.
- Resolutions are debated at the BPW provincial conference or national convention, and if approved, become briefs (see below).
Resolutions and Briefs
Resolutions passed at the Provincial Conference and National Convention/AGM contain directives to urge the provincial or federal governments to take action. These directives become briefs that are circulated to members who are encouraged to contact or meet with their local Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP), or Member of Parliament (MP).
BPW Barrie Supports...
BPW Barrie is pleased to support the following community organizations that empower local women:
Georgian College Women’s InTUITION Fund
- Supporting Women through College Education
- Inspiring Positive Change in Women
Dress for Success Orillia & Barrie
- Promoting Meaningful Employment for Women
Women & Children's Shelter of Barrie
- Provides shelter and support services to abused women and children